On 17th October 2019, the Department of Petroleum Resources (‘DPR’) issued the Guidelines for the Release of Staff in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry 2019 (‘the Guidelines’). The Guidelines were issued according to the provisions of the Petroleum (Drilling and Production) Regulations 1969 (as amended), which are made pursuant to the Petroleum Act (‘the Act’). The Guidelines establish the procedure for obtaining the prior approval of the Minister of Petroleum Resources (‘the Minister’) through the DPR, before the release of any worker employed by the holder of an oil mining lease, licence or permit under the Act or under Regulations made thereunder or any person registered to provide any services in relation thereto. Thus, the implication of the Guidelines is that it applies to virtually all sectors, insofar as the members of the sector have the requisite permit to provide services in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Identification and Proof of Copyright Infringement in Copyrighted Works
- Highlights Of The Securities And Exchange Commission’s Proposed Rule On Social Bonds In The Nigerian Capital Market
- Financing Model Options for Start-Ups in Nigeria and key legal considerations
- Jurisdiction of the National Industrial Court in maritime labour claims: A Review of the court of appeal decision in MT SAM PURPOSE V AMARJEET SINGH BAINS
- WHAT MUSICIANS SHOULD KNOW ABOUT COPYRIGHT LAW IN NIGERIA
There are no upcoming events at this time.