There are three main categories of work authorization in Nigeria; as stated below,

  • Long Term Work Authorization “CERPAC” (one year)
  • Short-Term Work Authorization “TWP” (Sixty Days)
  • ECOWAS Card (Two Years)

A Temporary Work Permit (TWP) is applicable where a company in Nigeria intends to employ an expatriate
employee to undertake short-term work. Companies that need to engage the services of foreigners for short
assignments shall procure the TWP.